Friday, October 2, 2009

Everything Must Change


So for the past 9 years, I have occupied the entire 3rd floor attic of my parents' house. I painted clouds on the walls and it has been my space to hang out in. Lots of memories, good and bad. I knew eventually this chapter would close and have wanted to move out and move on. Things never happen the way I picture them to.

Meanwhile, my sister moved out of the same house, got married, and had a family. She has been living with a church family and it has been such a blessing to us all. Unfortunately, they are not able to continue living there, and had not found another place to go, so my parents welcomed them to move back in even though space here would be tight.

While I was in Kenya, she told me about another church family who have a room they want to rent out and the whole situation sounded ideal as a next step for me but I was so determined I wouldn't be around. Then I got this job and so it seems meant to be to move in with them!!! Also, that way my sister and family will have more room!

We have known them for almost 9 years and they are a sweet couple with 2 young kids. The room is a small room they have been using as an office. They have invited me to eat meals with them and have friends over in the awesome basement hangout area. :)

I am blessed by all these changes, but change is so hard. It is hard to picture living with them and leaving all I have known here. It is great that I will still be close by though.

Even harder to picture is that all of this is happening within the next week!!! My sister is moving on the 10th, and it looks like I will be as well though I have so much stuff everywhere and the idea of packing is completely overwhelming!!! (on top of what is already going on with teaching)

Ahh, life is crazy even when it is good crazy! 

No comments: