Sunday, March 7, 2010

Done!

I had never really had a desire to read the Bible in a year. I thought it would be rather tedious and difficult. In July of 2008, Rafal and I were looking for some structure in reading the Bible together. I did some research and found this plan. (Here it is in a PDF)

What I like about this is you don't get "stuck" in one book, if you are in Leviticus one day you know the next day you get to read something different. And most days, you only have to read 1-3 chapters, it is very doable!

There were times when the reading seemed much more in my head and not my heart. And there were large and small stretches of time  when I got distracted by the world and missed my readings. But another nice thing about this plan is you can begin/end/pick up whenever.

It is a bit convicting that when I find a novel I love I can devour 100 pages in a sitting, but with the Bible more then 4 pages seems like too much. Still working on my faith, but at last, 1 year and 8 months later, I am done reading through the entire Bible. Now what? :)

1 comment:

Little Jo Sleep said...

That seems like a really cool plan. I tend to just read in a row, because I don't like the skipping aroud, typically, but I like the layout of that plan. Might have to steal it. =)