Saturday, August 29, 2009

1 year later...

Exactly one year ago today I began my career as a teacher full of hopes and dreams. I ended the day with a mild concussion from one of my students in tears. "It can only get better from here" I thought. Wrong.

It's been a crazy year for me in all respects. But I know it is growing and shaping me. I want to surrender this next year to God because I know He has something awesome for me.

I went to a concert tonight of one of my favorite bands, Five For Fighting. Here are some of his lyrics:

"I gotta get away from here..."

 "I don't know where I'm going yet
but  I sure am getting there"

"Every day's a new day"

"What Kind of world do you want
Think Anything
Let's start at the start
Build a masterpiece

History Starts Now

Be careful what you wish for
Start Now"

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi! I came upon your blog by looking at others who had "authentic Christianity" as something you were interested in.

From your posts, it sounds like the Lord is pruning you and shaping you into the woman he wants you to be. Praise Him!!

I don't have much sage advice (although I clearly remember being somewhat where you are a few short years ago.... I graduated college in Dec. 2002). As a fellow sister in Christ, however, I really wanted to just encourage you in your authentic pursuit of Jesus. I pray that he becomes your total all in all and that you find peace in your journey to make your life about loving and enjoying God.

Stop on over at my blog if you want to chat some. If not, no big deal. Just hope to encourage you in your journey!

In Christ,
Angela