Tuesday, June 29, 2010

He doesn't need us


June 29, 2007
The three youngest classes I normally taught gathered together for a chapel type of service. They same some songs and had a Bible story. I taught them the song “Our God is an Awesome God” with motions. Later while I was teaching, I had them draw self-portraits. In the afternoon, the entire school gathered for a game of soccer. Kenyans love soccer and will play with balls of trash in the streets! Most of the kids watched while the older ones played, and most of them crowded around me :) “These past few days these kids have gone straight to my heart”
When we came home, there was a lizard in our room! Ashley and I were screaming and asking them to get it out, but the grandmother just calmly told us that is was good because it would eat the mosquitoes! Well, thankfully it did get out of our room and the next time we saw it in the house it was less upsetting!

June 29, 2009
It was my Dad’s last day at the orphanage (and though I didn’t know it yet, it ended up being my last day there too!) My Dad came to school with me and when we got there they were having an assembly. The head mistress put us on the spot and asked us to make a speech. In the afternoon it rained so the roads were muddy but we made it back into town that night. 


No comments: