Tuesday, June 15, 2010

To make the world a little smaller

June 15, 2007

"Kenya smells funny but good" hahaha
I was so in awe, taking it all in, being in a new country. Kenya is the land of dichotomies. From walking through a slum to walking through Nakumatt, which is basically like a Wal-Mart. Being stared at while I walk, like I am an alien, like I am someone's savior, like I am a piece of meat. And sitting on the porch of my new host family's home, drinking coke from a glass bottle and chatting with my late great friend James about Obama (Kenyans loved him before everyone else had jumped on the bandwagon), dating, and worship music. I can still hear his voice in my head saying, "you like Chris Tomlin?" and me just sitting there, amazed. 



June 15, 2009
"Oh Kenya" hahaha
I was so excited and nervous to show my Dad all that was Kenya and experience it again myself. 



No comments: