Wednesday, June 30, 2010

But He lets us put our hands in


June 30, 2007
“Today was amazing!”
We visited the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, where they take care of baby elephants and eventually release them into the wild. The elephants were right there, with only a small rope dividing them from the crowd of trourists. The elephants were so cute and funny, and I even got to touch one of them! After that we went to the giraffe center, where we got to touch, feed, and kiss giraffes! They are so beautiful and gentle. I could have stayed there all day.
“Seeing the elephants and giraffes was like a dream come true…” 

 I kissed a giraffe! And I liked it!

 Elephants love soccer too
June 30, 2009
James took my Dad and I to visit the school where I volunteered at last time. Eugene, my host Dad, was there, it was great to see him again and for my Dad to meet him. At the school, they had an assembly and then I visited all of the classrooms. A lot of the kids were the same ones I had taught, and most of them remembered me :) A lot of the same teachers were there, too. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. That school (Riri Junior Academy) is doing a lot of great things- they had added a playground and dining hall since I had been there last, and have a boy/girl scout program now as well. All of their students go on to secondary (high) school. 

 "Good morning Teacher Rachel!"
 it's okay to have 2 Dads

No comments: