Thursday, July 8, 2010

and faith my eyes


June 8, 2007

We went to church.

After church, we went to City Park. This is one of my favorite places! It is right on the outskirts of the bustling city of Nairobi. Then you get to the park, and there are all these beautiful trees, flowers, and plants! And there are monkeys running around everywhere! There are no walls or fences or anything. If you feed them peanuts, they will climb and sit on you! 



June 8, 2009

I was staying in a town called Kikuyu, and then we drove to the orphanage Shana has been helping which is in Gathiga. I got to tour the orphanage and nursery school there, and meet the kids. 

Then we walked to the Primary school where the older children go. 


Then we came back to the orphanage. They had donated 474 books for the kids and built a bookcase to store them in. I helped organize them which was great, and the kids were so happy. 

We had dinner back at our host family’s and did devotions. 

“There is so much need…Everywhere in Kenya it is the same story…I want to help but it is overwhelming..”

No comments: