Friday, July 16, 2010

Where the journey may lead you

June 16, 2007

I managed to make it onto both of my flights, through customs and back home! I took a long shower and saw my family. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel well the next few days, but this bought me a few days before I had to return to work.

“God is good- all the time”

I feel like there was so much more that went on in me during this first trip that I have yet to write about. Thank you to everyone who supported me financially and with prayers, it made a huge difference. Thank you to my family for letting me go to Africa by myself! Thank you to my wonderful host family for worrying over me, feeding me, and taking me places:
Thanks to my roommate Ashley for all the late-night talks. Thank you to the Fadhili guys for being around when I needed you. Thank you to everyone who I met in Kenya who showed hospitality. And most of all thank you God for bringing me to Kenya, teaching me so much there, and providing for me every step of the way.




July 16, 2009

We went to the orphanage and I played and hung out with the kids. I held a baby named Mary for awhile, and another girl Beth who was not feeling well, and also chatted with Ponena, one of the older girls.


“It’s the little things here that matter and make me feel like I am doing something good.”



At our host family’s, I showered, and we ate dinner, then we did devotions together. We sang one of my favorite songs, and I opened up to the group during discussion. This time, especially with team 2, was short but such a godsend as I had struggled and felt frustrating while serving alongside and living with non-Christian volunteers. They just had such a different worldview, I couldn’t understand. And here I was with a group of Christians who wanted to worship together and serve orphans in Kenya, actually walk out God’s calling. Amazing.

No comments: