Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I know that the night must end, and that the sun will rise

July 14, 2007

We watched the sunrise over the Maasai Mara during our morning game drive. 


Then we drove back, and I went to my host family’s to rest, and pack.
“Everything I own is dirty.”



July 14, 2009

We woke up, got ready, and drove to 40 Thieves while it was still dark to watch the sunrise over the ocean. It was gorgeous. 



I went with another volunteer to a school for orphans with about 30 kids ages 4-6 in one classroom. He has been doing some gardening there, which was neat to see because it is a good example of sustainable development. This other group camp Kenya was there too. I helped make a ton of chapatti! 


Then we went to the beach one last time and I got to ride a camel! 

I took the night bus with another volunteer, and had good Indian food in downtown Mombasa.

No comments: