Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I will walk with grace my feet


July 7, 2007 (7-7-07)
We drove to the Great Rift Valley, and stopped by a church there, and then went to Hell’s Gate. Hell’s Gate is this huge national park that has a gorge and some awesome rock formations. Some explorers discovered it and thought it was what hell would look like; I disagree and think it looks more like heaven! We got to see and touch some hot springs that flow over the rocks. Then we had a really scary climb down the gorge, and a really tiring climb up, but the view was worth it! We saw some baboons and zebra. We also ate yomachoma and stopped by Lake Naivasha.






July 7, 2009
Before my dad had left, I had talked with James and Joe about going to another orphanage where this girl Shana who I met the first time I was in Kenya was working. So, after spending the morning wandering around the markets with some other volunteers, I went to Maddison House (the orphanage I had been staying at) to say goodbye to the kids. This was hard. Then I drove to my new placement in Kikuyu and I met my new host family who had a 2 year old some named Kyle. I played with him until the volunteers came back and I got to meet team 1 and see Shana.
“God is so amazing the way He works everything out. I wish I could stop worrying…” hahaha

No comments: