Monday, July 5, 2010

and I mistake my happiness for blessing

July 5, 2007

I took a walk with the kids and had them use their senses to explore their environment. I was left alone with the pre-unit (Kindergarten) class, and they were not listening to me! “Between discipline problems and searching for supplies (books, pencils, erasers), I had no time to help them with their work. I do not want my classroom to be like this.” Hahaha, too bad my classroom in the states was just like this. Is teaching always 90% classroom management? Do I just suck at working with kindergartners?


 July 5, 2009
My Dad and I went to Nairobi chapel, which is a huge tent church. I saw some people there from NIU’s Intervarsity group! What a small world! The pastor used a clip of Lord of the Rings as a sermon illustration on spiritual warfare. Eugene was 2 hours late to pick us up (ah Kenyan time) but he took us to lunch and gave my Dad a present.
“I have a strong feeling I will be back here, I just don’t know when or with whom or for what purpose…I know God has me but it is hard to let go of trying to be in control…I think a lot of this trip is about me learning to ‘let go and let God’ and realize that I am not in control of planning my life or my future…”


No comments: