Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The end is where we start from

July 6, 2007

The three classes I normally taught had a chapel service. I read them the verse about being the light of the world and taught them the song “This Little Light of Mine.” I was left alone with pre-unit (kindergarten) again. We did some math and I had them draw. 

“I hope I accomplished something. Between yelling at them every 2 seconds and chasing them around the room, I couldn’t really teach them.” (again, this is a lot how I felt teaching here in the states too!)

After lunch we jumped rope, which was fun, and I chatted with the 8th grade girls. After school I watched Spider Man 3 with Cody and Dylan but the power went out and I missed the last 20 minutes of it!



July 6, 2009

It was my Dad’s last day in Kenya. We went to the elephant orphanage. I met another volunteer there who was born in DeKalb! Then we got to see the baby elephants, and also a baby rhino. They were so cute! 

After dinner someone came to take my Dad to the airport. Everyone went to go see the new Harry Potter movie but I stayed home.

“Just me and God now.”


No comments: