Sunday, July 11, 2010

She swore to not forget

July 11, 2007

It was my last day teaching at the school. I handed out stickers, pencils and crayons. They had an assembly to say goodbye to me. I thanked all of the teachers, and said goodbye to the kids, which was bittersweet.

the 3 classes I taught all together


July 11, 2009

I met up with some other volunteers, and we drove to Shimoni beach. From there we took 2 boat rides into the ocean. On the one boat, they served us tea and biscuits, and sang us some songs! They showed us how to snorkel and also scuba dive. We put on wetsuits and snorkeled for almost an hour. It was amazing. We saw tons of coral, anemones, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers. Of course there were tons of fish of all different kinds, and some in big schools. Some we got really close to! It was so peaceful and beautiful. Then we got ready to scuba, which was more difficulty but incredible. We went 8 meters down to the ocean floor (the sand at the bottom felt dry!). We saw sting rays, clams, and more fish, coral, etc. Then we went to Wasini Island for a delicious meal of crab legs, chapatti, and rice with curry coconut sauce. They served me a whole tilapia fish that had its head, eyes, fins abs everything still on it! Then we took the boat back and toured the slave caves. 

 We saw dolphins off the boat!

Ready to dive!

where we ate

“I really have nothing to complain about after being reminded of the poverty here. God uses everything for His good”

No comments: